Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Time




I don't know about you but I live by the clock. I have clocks 
all over my house. Some are decorative, others utilitarian. 
Some are big while others are small. I even have a travel clock I take with me where ever I go. Why? I ask my self that sometimes. Of course, like every one else I have appointments, work schedules etc. But there are times when I have nothing looming on the horizon, no schedules, no must do's but I still am glued to the clock. When I'm on vacation it takes a few days to forget the time and relax. We all need time away from the clock. Time to relax, time to reflect and time to be quiet. That being said, I love clocks. Pictured are just two of my clocks. The first one my mother gave me and the second is my newest acquisition. They are my favorites. I searched over a year for the clock pictured on the bottom. I knew exactly where I would put it and how it would look. I am very happy to say my expectations were met. 
My question is now, what do we do with our time? Do we spend time with our families? When we get through with a busy day how do we spend our last few minutes before sleep captures us. Is there a loved one who could use a minute of chit chat? Is there a phone call to an old friend we could make? Yes, we all need quiet time but "others" in our lives need time too. Today I am challenging myself and any one reading this to make time for some one we care about. We will all be blessed by this gift of time. Now it is time to finish. With no pun intended, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment